Hunting for my new born grandson's cot with my children, Syida and Gie at JJ Tebrau last night. After going in and out of those shopping lots, we settled down with a blue, practical one. It is light and portable. The salesgirl...the best salesgirl I've ever met. Informative, soft-spoken, patient, helpful and all the best thought I could think of. The next time I wish for something, I'm sure I'll find myself going back to her again.
The thought of making special breakfast for my children as tomorrow is their last day of CNY holiday, I bought some French bread. There is a recipe I've been saving for them....Mozzarella Baguette. Sounds nice, isn't it? I'll use Pizza Mozzarella cheese this time. I'm sure the cheese will make them droool....
Taken from a recipe book but I did some changes according to the have and have not in my kitchen. Afterall I am not a pro..just a novice and will always be a novice.
Source : Sedap Magazine
( with a few changes by me )
* 1 loaf of French bread, sliced into 15 pieces
* 125gm Mozzarella cheese
(I used Pizza Mozzarella cheese)
* 25gm butter (spreading)
* 100gm beef mince
* 1 onion ( finely chopped)
* 2 garlic cloves (minced)
* 1/2 green capsicum (diced)
* 1/2 red capsicum(diced)
* 2 tomatoes (boiled and chopped)
* 1 tbsp tomato sauce
* 1 tbsp chilli sauce
* 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
*1/4 tsp salt
*1/4 tsp sugar
* 1 tsp oregano
* 1 tsp butter
1. Melt 1 tsp of butter on a frying pan. Once melted,
fry onion and garlic and cook until brown.
2. Add the minced beef and cook until it turns
3. Add the capsicum, tomato, chilli sauce, tomato
sauce, salt, ground black pepper and sugar. Mix
and let until they are well cooked.
4. Lastly, add in oregano.
5. Take a slice of bread and spread butter on it.
6. Put a spoon full of the topping onto the bread.
7. Sprinkle mozzarella on top of it.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 170 C for 12 minutes
or until it turns brown and the cheese melts.
My children couldn't wait. All heads were at the oven. Once out of the oven, I didn't have much time to click my camera. By the third shot, they said it was enough before the baguettes became cold. They wanted it hot as it went into their mouths. It was truly drooling and they simply couldn't resist it, not even for one minute.
So, bon appetite.