Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Vanilla Birthday Cake For This Little Chubby Princess


What a hot bright Tuesday. I am having a quiet and peaceful afternoon all by myself. Wish to do something after I've done some preparation for my tuition class tonite. Ohhh....there is one that I wish to share with you, peeps..... my  first order of the New Year, Vanilla Cake.

It is a birthday cake requested by one of my friends at school for her little chubby princess. Her birthday was long passed .... I think it was in November. Her mum told me at a wedding reception when I was setting up a wedding cake there. It was there, she had a very sad, bad news that her late beloved father passed away. Al Fatihah.




It was rather a surprise when her mother made another request for it. I didn't even mention or follow-up her request either because it seemed to be inappropriate to do so. Her birthday is belated for a month. Pity her. But the problem is with me now...being so lazy to move my bones to start baking.

But the glimpse of her cute chubby face moved me  back to the kitchen and be done with it. At first thought, I would like to make peanut topping but later,  I went and seek her mother's idea. Her little princess did not favour peanut and then this idea cropped out into my mind. Topping it with  whipped fresh cream and to add a little taste of chocolate flavour, I decorated it with M n M. Children adore M n M. Not only them but my big girls too.

Vanilla Cake
By : Martha On Today

Ingredients 
1 cup of unsalted butter
11/2 cup of sugar
2 large eggs
3 large egg yolks
21/2 cups All-purpose flour
1 cup buttermilk/sourcream/yogurt
21/2 tsp vanilla essence

Method
1. Put unsalted butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until thickened for 1 minute.
2. Then add in 2 large eggs and mixed well.
3. Mix in the egg yolks one at a time.
4. Add in 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
5. Then add in buttermilk and vanilla.
6. Lastly add the remaining flour.
7. Pour the batter into a 8" baking pan lined with greased parchment paper.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes with 180 degrees C or the tops are 
    golden and a toothpaste poked into the centre of the layer comes out clean.


Haaaaaahhh....finally. Managed to come out with this idea. So glad to materialise this little lass's birthday cake. Hope she had a delightful birthday celebration.

Happy Belated Birthday Ina.










No comments:

Post a Comment